Grid resilience framework and metrics have been of industry focus as extreme weather events are occurring more frequently and the threat of man-made physical and cyber security grows. Substations are critical components to the overall grid. Substation Resiliency will look at resiliency framework and metrics for substations and how they impact overall grid resiliency.
To learn more & get involved, please check out the Substations Committee Website. Substation Committee has formed a Study Group to discuss and draft scope/purpose of new Project Authorization Request (PAR) to create Working Group to create a Guide for Substation Resiliency.
- IEEE PES Resilience Framework, Methods, and Metrics for the Electricity Sector IEEE PES-TR83 Webinar - Part I
- Improving Resilience of Transmission and Distribution Grids: ISO-NE and ComEd Experience
- Methods to Quantify and Respond to Risk in Power System Planning and Operation
- Natural Disaster Mitigation: Best Practices, Methods and Resilience Metrics
- Resilience Metrics and Modeling in Operation and Planning
- Planning and Operating a Flexible and Resilient Grid: Lessons Learned and Vision for the Future
- Late Breaking News - Managing Today's Grid for Reliability, Resiliency and Sustainability
- Improving Power System Reliability and Resilience through the Use of Enhanced Modeling and Advanced On-line Software Tools
- Ensuring Grid Resilience through Policy, Standards and Market Constructs
- Data Analytics for Grid Resilience Modeling and Enhancement
- 2022 Grid Resilience Workshop
- Importance of T&D Grid Modernization to Mitigate Impacts from and Adapt to Climate Change
- Addressing Extreme Weather Events
- Defining and Quantifying Resilience
- Grid Resilience
- Gas Insulated Substations (GIS) for Enhanced Resiliency
- Real-Time Byzantine Resilience for Power Grid Substations
- T&D 22 Tutorial: GIS / GIL Hot Topics for Tomorrow’s Grid (TUT-07)
- The Resilient Grid
Power and Energy Magazine - Volume 18: Issue 4 - July/August 2020
- Electricity and Transportation for Social Welfare
IEEE Electrification Magazine, vol. 7, no. 3, Sept. 2019
- Coordinating Electricity and Transportation Networks: Enhancing power grid resilience strategies against ice storms
M. Yan, M. Shahidehpour, J. Lu and X. Xu - IEEE Electrification Magazine, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 23-32, Sept. 2019, doi: 10.1109/MELE.2019.2925755.
- Front Lines Against the Darkness: Enhancing the Resilience of the Electricity Grid Through Microgrid Facilities
A. Gholami, F. Aminifar, and M. Shahidehpour - IEEE Electrification Magazine, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 18-24, March 2016, doi: 10.1109/MELE.2015.2509879.
- Building Resilient Integrated Grids: One Neighborhood at a Time
Shay Bahramirad, Amin Khodaei, Joseph Svachula, and Julio Romero Aguero - IEEE Electrification Magazine, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 23-32, Sept. 2019, doi: 10.1109/MELE.2019.2925755.
- Networked Microgrid Operations: Supporting a Resilient Electric Power Infrastructure
Kevin P. Schneider, Craig Miller, Stuart Laval, Wei Du, and Dan Ton. - IEEE Electrification Magazine 8, no. 4 (2020): 70-79.
- E. L. Barrett et al., "A Risk-Based Framework for Power System Modeling to Improve Resilience to Extreme Events," in IEEE Open Access Journal of Power and Energy, vol. 10, pp. 25-35, 2023, doi: 10.1109/OAJPE.2022.3214175.
(This paper is not yet available in the Resource Center.)
- C. B. Jones, C. J. Bresloff, R. Darbali-Zamora, M. S. Lave and E. E. A. Bezares, "Geospatial Assessment Methodology to Estimate Power Line Restoration Access Vulnerabilities After a Hurricane in Puerto Rico," in IEEE Open Access Journal of Power and Energy, vol. 9, pp. 298-307, 2022, doi: 10.1109/OAJPE.2022.3191954.
- Z. Liang et al., "Safe Reinforcement Learning-Based Resilient Proactive Scheduling for a Commercial Building Considering Correlated Demand Response," in IEEE Open Access Journal of Power and Energy, vol. 8, pp. 85-96, 2021, doi: 10.1109/OAJPE.2021.3064319.
To learn more & get involved, please check out the Substations Committee Website
Substation Committee has formed a Study Group to discuss and draft scope/purpose of new Project Authorization Request (PAR) to create Working Group to create a Guide for Substation Resiliency.