In 2008, The former IEEE PES President Wanda Reder announced at the IEEE PES Transmission and Distribution Conference in Chicago, Illinois the new name of PES- Power and Energy Society. This day has been officially commemorated as “PES Day” for the past three years. Every year, a theme is selected, and celebrations, including educational and humanitarian activities, youth programs, and technical contests, are organized for our members. Usually, all chapters unit and organize activities during the Month of April to celebrate this event. PES Day goal is to engage the PES volunteers with PES history and “5” PES pillars of the “More Power to the Future” vision:
- Advancing global participation
- Educating the Future Workforce
- Industry Activity Trends
- Standards Leadership
- Participating in Regulatory Initiatives
- Technical Expertise – The PES team as well as professionals are undoubtedly one of the most
involved faces in the technical fields hereby assuring the spike of technical quality,
experience and expertise in the event.
- Leadership Experience – An individual becomes a leader when he/she takes that opportunity into their hands and
volunteers themselves to be the change the world seeks for which is exactly what our
events crown our volunteers with: a sense of leadership.
- Networking – A blend of whole of the IEEE community including the PES young professionals,
PES student Volunteers, industrialists and researchers affiliated to IEEE coming together
would be an opportunity for everyone to interact, network and put their ideologies across.
- Team Building – To be a leader, one needs a team. To be a team, the individuals need an exposure to
challenges. The organisation of such a grand event is bound to diverse opinions,
contradictions and decision-making, which would sculpt an effective team-building
experience amidst the volunteers.
Become a Member
The event revolves around the power of volunteering and the perks of
like-minded people working together as a unit. The overview of the event would emphasize
on the individual as well the societal benefits of being a member thereby promoting the
worth of IEEE. Click here to join the IEEE