I am Juan Carlos Montero and I work at the System Operator in Costa Rica. From my homeland, I have seen the value of IEEE PES as a global organization, and I am proud to be part of a great community. For the last 2 years, I have been working on the IEEE PES Treasurer position looking to promote a use of them with a global focus and following the IEEE PES Governing Board vision.
I have been an active IEEE PES Governing Board Member for seven years giving me the opportunity to participate on the identification of the hot topics for IEEE PES and the energy industry. We should promote IEEE PES as global organization so our members and volunteers can continue creating amazing technical activities that improved our life.
If elected as IEEE PES Treasurer, I will continue working to seek a growth on the support of our volunteers worldwide. IEEE PES makes grates thing through their volunteers, and we should provide them the tools to make their activities easier for them.
Mr. Montero has participated on several IEEE and IEEE PES roles on an international level:
- Current IEEE PES Treasurer 2022-2023
- IEEE Chair 2022 – 2023 Central America and Panama Council
- IEEE Elected Chair 2020-2021 Central America and Panama Council
- IEEE Spoke Person on Global Power System Transformation Consortium
- IEEE PES Vice President Membership and Image 2016 – 2020
- IEEE PES Long Range Planning Committee Member 2014 – 2020
- IEEE PES Power System Operation, Planning, and Economics (PSOPE) Committee Member
- IEEE PES Nominations and Appointments
- Committee Member
- IEEE PES Social Media Committee Chair 2012-2015
- IEEE PES Central America Chapters Representative 2011-2015
- IEEE PES Costa Rica Outstanding Engineer Award 2011.
- IEEE PES Costa Rica Chapter Chair 2007-2008
- IEEE Costa Rica Section Vice Chair and other board positions