2011 IEEE PES Power Systems Conference and Exposition (PSCE 2011) Presentations
Below are a selection of presentations from the 2011 IEEE PES Power Systems Conference & Exposition (PSCE 2011). Follow the instructions below to view the available presentations. The files are in a .Zip Archive file and Adobe Acrobat 9 or higher is required to open the PDF files within it. We are currently in the process of uploading the individual presentation files for viewing.
Instructions on decompressing the .Zip Archive:
1. Download the PSCE presentations using the link above. The file is a 28MB Zip Archive document, a high-speed internet connection is highly recommended to download this file. This Zip Archive document can be easily decompressed or extracted on your computer using its built-in software. Although programs like WinZip, UnArchiver or StuffIt Expander can assist you, they are not required. Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X have unzipping and decompressing programs built-into the operating system.
On Windows XP, right-click on the downloaded .Zip file and choose 'Extract All', this will extract all the .Zip archive files into one folder. On Mac OS X simply double-click the .Zip archive file to extract its contents into a folder. The folder will be placed in the same place as the .Zip file. Additional help on extracting .Zip archives in Windows XP and in Mac OS X.
Once the .Zip file is extracted you should have a folder titled 'PSCE-2011'. Inside this folder there are 24 individual PDF files. It is important to keep all of the PDF files within the same folder or directory. If files are separated the links inside the 'PSCE Complete Conference Guide' PDF file will not work correctly, since it won't be able to find the other PDF files.
How to browse the PSCE presentations via the Guide PDF:
1. Open the first document which is named '1-PSCE-Complete-Conference-Guide.pdf'. This file must be opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 or higher. A third party PDF reader program may not read the links on the PDF correctly.
2. From Page 2 to 59 there are presentations linked on the guide.
3. Move your cursor over the bolded presentation ID on the left hand side of the page, you should see a hand icon indication a link. Simply click the link (bolded numbers) on the left side of the document to open the linked presentation. See the image embedded below. For example you would click the '2011PSCE0226' link inside of page 2 of the 'PSCE Complete Conference Guide' PDF file. This will then open the 'PSCE2011-P-000226.pdf' file.
4. If the PDF link does not open the other PDF files this may mean that all the PDF files are not in the same folder. In order for the Conference Guide to link to the other PDF files they must all be in the same folder.
How to browse the PSCE presentations manually:
1. If you want to skip directly to a presentation or the links in the Conference Guide are not working correctly you can open the files manually.
2. Browse the Conference Guide and find the presentation ID you are looking for. For example: 2011PSCE0226. Now look in the folder where all of the PDF files were unzipped. There is a file here for each presentation. The name of the file is almost identical to the presentation ID in the guide. So 2011PSCE0226 on the guide has a file name of 'PSCE2011P-000226.pdf'. Open this PDF to view the presentation. The last four digits are usually the easiest way to find the presentation.
3. While browsing the Conference Guide you can use the search function to easily find presentations by numbers or keywords.